Extraview has created this Policy in order to outline our collection, use, and sharing of information you provide to us when you access or use Extraview online and/or mobile services and websites (collectively, the “Site”), including, without limitation, Extraview.io, any Extraview mobile application, and any software provided by Extraview in connection with such services or websites.
- Information that we collect about you
Information Provided by You Upon Creating an Account
When you create and register a user account (“Account”) on the Site, you may be asked to provide or confirm certain pieces of Personal Information, which may include one or more of the following:
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- Educational history
- Current occupation and title
- Employment history
- Accessibility Accommodations
You may also be asked to provide your demographic information. However, providing such information will always be voluntary.
We may supplement the Personal Information you provide with additional Personal Information we gather from public sources or from third parties (e.g., consumer reporting agencies) that may lawfully provide such information to us.
You are under no obligation to provide your Personal Information, with the caveat that your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain of the Site’s features and services for which your information is required.
Data submitted by Your use of Our Site
When you are interviewed using the Extraview software, we collect and retain your answers to questions which are often, although not always, recorded. When you record and submit videos (“Videos”) on the Site, we may also collect and retain images, video, voice and audio information, and a transcript of your audio information in the Video.
Information Provided When You Contact Us
We may collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when you contact us with a question, comment, business inquiry, or other requests for information. We collect one or more of the following types of Personal Information when you contact us with a question or comment or request information from us about our products and services:
- E-mail address
- Phone Number
Passively Collected Information
When you access and use our Site, we may automatically collect and retain certain types of information, including your computer or device’s internet protocol (IP) address and other technical information about your computer or device and website usage, such as your browser type and version, time zone setting, and operating system and platform.
We may collect application log information like the companies you submit a job application for through the Site, the specific role(s) you apply for, and the time and date of such applications.
We may collect certain additional information when you access our Site with a mobile device or with Extraview IOS and Android mobile apps. This information may include location, device type, unique device identifier, operation system, and other app-specific user data. This data is analyzed to help us create a more user-friendly mobile experience. You may restrict collection of certain data, like location, by changing the setting preferences on your mobile device.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies that we use
- Beacons are small graphical images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on our Site and typically work in conjunction with cookies to assist our site with the automated collection of data on user behavior. Extraview will not be able to personally identify you in connection with these practices.
- An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or device from our web server, or a third-party service provider is active only while you are connected to the Site and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Local Shared Objects. Local shared objects (or Flash cookies) are pieces of data that websites that use Adobe Flash may store on a user’s computer or device. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use local shared objects. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing local shared objects. In addition, you may manage Flash cookies by clicking here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/ documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
The above technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Site and its features and services, tracking users’ movements around the Site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- What we do with the information we collect
General Uses. We use the information we collect to manage, analyze, develop, customize, and improve our Site as well as our products and services
- Information Provided When You Register for an Account and Use Our Site and Other Products and Services. We may use this information to authorize and administer your access to the Site, verify your identity, authenticate your visits, and provide our products and services to you. We may combine your Personal Information with other Personal Information lawfully collected from third parties in order to improve products and services.
- Information Provided When You Contact Us (Including Signing Up for Sales and Marketing Communications). We may use this information to understand and respond to your question or comment and/or reach out to you regarding your inquiry or request regarding our products and services.
- Passively Collected Information. We use passively-collected information to monitor and maintain the performance of our Sites; analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services; validate users and ensure their technological compatibility with users; optimize our marketing efforts; and provide our products and services to you.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may use your Personal Information and passively-collected information to create aggregate or de-identified data, such as data that describes the general demographics, usage, Gameplay Data, or other characteristics of a Site’s users. We reserve the right to use and/or transfer aggregated or de-identified data about the Site’s users for any lawful purposes. We also reserve the right to use such information in collaboration with outside researchers to measure, quantify and audit the validity and fairness of our products and services.
- Public Profile. If you select Public in your Privacy Settings tab on your Account Profile, we may use your information to match you with potential employers or job openings.
- Job Candidates. If you were directed to visit the Site, create an Account (or sign in to your existing Account), and be interviewed or submit Videos as part of the job application process for a specific employer or your current employer, then we may use your information to assess your fit to the specific role(s) or to assess your fit for another role. In such a scenario, you would be deemed a “Job Candidate.”
- Other Purpose. We may use your information for any additional purpose that you specifically consent to in the course of accessing and using our Site.
- What we do with the information we collect
Personal Information of our users is an integral part of our business. We reserve the right to share your Personal Information with third parties as described below. We also reserve the right to use and/or transfer aggregated de-identified data derived from Personal Information for lawful purposes at our discretion. Note that we do not share Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing or revenue-generating purposes.
- Service Providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies (“Service Providers”) to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include customer service, maintaining databases, data storage, cloud services, and hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include Personal Information and other information that you provide to us. These Service Providers are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a subpoena or similar legal obligation; (b) protect and defend our rights or property; (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public; (d) protect against legal liability; or (e) as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Job Candidates. If you are a job candidate being interviewed through Extraview as part of the job application process, then we share your Personal Information and Trait Profile with the employer and any third party that is pertinent to the employment application process for the specific role(s) you are applying to through our Site.
- Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, total or partial sale of assets in bankruptcy or similar event, your Personal Information and other information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Other Third Parties. We may disclose your information to other third parties with your prior express consent. You hereby consent to our sharing of your Personal Information and other information for the above purposes.
- EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. privacy shield notice
- Information Processed. See Sections 2 and 3 of this Policy.
- Purposes of Information Processing. See Section 4 of this Policy.
- Third Parties with Whom We May Share Information. See Section 5 of this Policy.
- Questions or Complaints. If you are a resident of a European country participating in the Privacy Shield and you believe we maintain your Personal Information within the scope of this Privacy Shield certification, then you may direct any questions or complaints concerning our Privacy Shield compliance via the contact information in Section 8 of this Policy below. We will work with you to resolve your issue.
- Dispute Resolution. If you are a resident of a European country participating in the Privacy Shield and you have not received timely response to your concern, or we have not addressed your concern to your satisfaction, you may seek further assistance, at no cost to you, from JAMS (https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield), which is an independent dispute resolution body in the United States.
- Arbitration. You may also be able to invoke binding arbitration for unresolved complaints , but prior to initiating such arbitration, a resident of a European country participating in the Privacy Shield must first: (1) contact us and afford us the opportunity to resolve the issue; (2) seek assistance from JAMS; and (3) contact the U.S. Department of Commerce (either directly or through a European Data Protection Authority) and afford the Department of Commerce time to attempt to resolve the issue. If such a resident invokes binding arbitration, each party shall be responsible for its own attorney’s fees. Please be advised that, pursuant to the Privacy Shield, the arbitrator(s) may only impose individual-specific, non-monetary, equitable relief necessary to remedy any violation of the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to the resident.
- U.S. Federal Trade Commission Enforcement. Our Privacy Shield compliance is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Right of Access. See Section 7 of this Policy.
- Requirement to Disclose. We may disclose Personal Information when we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or to enforce our contractual obligations.
- Liability. If a third-party service provider providing services on Extraview’ behalf processes Personal Information from the EEA or Switzerland in a manner inconsistent with the applicable Privacy Shield Principles, Intrview will be liable unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damages.
- Human Resources Data. Extraview commits to cooperating with EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and will comply with the advice provided by such authorities with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of Extraview’s employment relationship with our employees.
- Your choices regarding your information Choice
Our Opt-out Policy
We may send you notifications and communications using the email address you provided to us when you registered your Account. To stop receiving some or all email communications from us, you can use the “Email Settings” tab of your Account profile to edit your email preferences. Alternatively, you can use the “unsubscribe” mechanism provided in the email communication.
We will also send you service-related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do not have an option to opt-out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive these announcements, you have the option to deactivate your account.
We may also send you information for marketing purposes if you have signed up for such communications or otherwise indicated an interest in receiving such communications. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you may opt-out by contacting us directly or by clicking the opt-out link in our email marketing communications.
Accessing, Correcting, and Updating Your Information
You may access, correct, and update most of your Personal Information under the Account Settings tab of your Account profile. You may also email us at [email protected] with information necessary for us to process your request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We may need to verify your identity before granting access to Personal Information in our custody or control.
Deactivating Your Account
You may deactivate your Account using the Deactivate Account button under the Account Settings tab on your Account profile. When you deactivate your Account, you will no longer be able to log into the Account. You will also no longer be able to create any new Accounts with the email address associated with the deactivated Account. If you wish to reactivate your deactivated Account, please email us at [email protected] with the email address.
A deactivated Account does not mean that all of the information associated with your Account is expunged from our systems, although such information will now no longer be readily available to you
Deleting Your Information
You may request to delete your Personal Information by emailing us at [email protected] with information necessary for us to process your request. Note that any deletion request will be subject to our Retention Policy below.
The underlying rationale of the GDPR is to empower you (Data Subjects) to control how your personal data is processed. We have a responsibility to protect your individual privacy and autonomy and to comply with the requirements of the GDPR. More importantly, we genuinely believe the world will be a better place if you are empowered to control the use of your own data. We at Extraview have invested heavily in enabling you to exercise your rights under the GDPR to the maximum extent possible.
Contact Details for Redress:
2124 Molino, Irvine, CA, 96281.
You have the following rights under GDPR:
ii. Right of Access. You have the right to access your personal data and supplementary information to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of processing. How we help: After signing in, we allow you to access your personal data in JSON format, along with supplementary information in your privacy settings.
iii. Right to Rectification. You have the right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. How we help: After signing in, we allow you to edit your personal data via your profile page.
iv. Right to Erasure. You have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. How we help: After signing in, we allow you to request that your account be restricted. Your data will be removed from Extraview and placed in restricted archival storage for 2 years before being deleted to comply with relevant laws governing employment records retention.
v. Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of your personal data. How we help: After signing in, we allow you to request that your account be restricted. Your data will be removed from Extraview and placed in restricted archival storage for 2 years before being deleted to comply with relevant laws governing employment records retention.
vi. Right to Data Portability. You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. How we help: After signing in, we allow you to export your personal data in JSON format in your privacy settings.
vii. Right to Object. You have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling), direct marketing (including profiling), and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics. How we help: We allow you to object to processing by changing your email settings, by exercising your right to restrict processing, or by contacting [email protected].
viii. Automated individual decision-making, including profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects. How we help: The data we collect is not necessarily used in automatic decision-making. In case our client uses automated decision-making, you may require human intervention. Please contact the Controller who invited you to complete an Assessment.
Our Retention Policy
We retain Personal Information from you with your consent or where we have an ongoing legitimate business need (for example, to provide you with a service or other information you have requested or to comply with applicable legal requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete, de-identify, or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. The following are examples of how long we typically retain your Personal Information for legitimate business needs:
When You Interact with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support: We may retain your Personal Information as long as necessary to provide you with your request for information or other responses.
When You Sign Up for an Account: We may retain your information for as long as your Account is active or as long as necessary to provide you with our services, comply with our legal obligations, preserve and protect our rights as allowed by law, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, and enforce our agreements (including our Terms of Service).
In accordance with our obligations and requirements under local law, we must retain your information for a period of two (2) years following the date of your last recorded assessment for a particular role (“Assessment”). As a result, if you request deletion of any information prior to this 2-year anniversary, we must wait until the 2-year period has passed, after which we will process your deletion request. If you do not have any recorded assessments for a role during the last two (2) years, then we will process your request within ten (10) business days of receipt.
Even if we are obligated to retain certain information, once you delete your Account or request deletion of your Personal Information, your Personal Information will cease being visible to third parties through our Site, regardless of whether you selected Public or Limited (if available to you) through the Privacy Settings tab of your Account profile.
As discussed above, we may aggregate or de-identify our user’s Personal Information and other information; such data cannot be used to identify you. We will retain such data even after any Personal Information deletion requests have been processed.
When We Process Your Personal Information on Behalf of Our Customers: We retain your Personal Information in accordance with the timeframes set out in the relevant customer agreements between us and the applicable customer(s).
Other Websites. Our Site may contain links to third-party owned and/or operated websites or mobile applications. We do not own nor control these third-party websites or mobile applications, and accordingly assume no responsibility for the information practices of those sites or apps. We suggest that you review their privacy, security, and data collection and distribution policies, if any, prior to providing such websites or apps with any information.
Blogs and Public Features of the Sites. Our Site may contain features, e.g. job boards, forums, sharing functions, etc., that permit you to upload, post, transmit, display, perform, or distribute content and information, including your Personal Information. Any information that you choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which we are unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information by means of such features, and you agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
Single Sign-On. You can create an Account using third-party sign-in services such as Facebook or LinkedIn. This service will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us, such as your name and email address, to pre-populate our sign-up form. Please note that your relationship with Facebook, LinkedIn, or any other third-party website is governed solely by your agreement with such third-party websites.
Minors. Visitors under eighteen (18) years of age are not permitted to use and/or submit their Personal Information at the Site. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under eighteen (18) years of age. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
ATTN: Data Protection
2124 Molino, Irvine, CA, 96218.
Annex–Information for citizens of the US State of California under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
1. Categories of Personal Information Collected. In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the categories of personal information listed under Section 2. “INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU” above.
2. Your Rights. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“the CCPA”), if you are a California consumer, you have the right to know and see what personal information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions), to opt-out of sales of personal information, and to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against even if you exercise any of their other CCPA rights.
– Email: sending a request via email to [email protected]. Your request must include sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, which may include your email address and name. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
3. Sale of Personal Information. We do not sell your personal data to third parties.